kolmapäev, jaanuar 12

it takes a day to be on the other side

It now seems like another lifetime when I was still sweating all over the place and ran happily in the Macquarie campus doing my little subjects and experiments. The warm weather, the clear sky, the aussie accent, and ugly bird sounds seem to have happend long ago, but still are vivid and fresh.

This time I arrived with different feelings. I was excited, to start my new job, to continue old, and to see how the experience being abroad this time had impacted me.

And Estonia greeted me with dark nights, crispy weather, BUT with so innocent white snow and silence. Yes, the silence, which I could enjoy even in my small hometown Tartu. I never remembered it to be so silent during the late evenings. But the silence is somehow soft and inviting, being coloured in the yellowish glow coming from the nearby factory lights. What a gift that silence is - so needed during those noisy days and nights at Balaclava Street.

And in the last day of this year, I took a walk into the woods and into myself...









1 kommentaar:

Biancat ütles ...

hei Anni, nii hea sinust taas kuulda! blogilugeja Katrin