teisipäev, juuli 29

Donald Miller

Couple months ago I read a book called Blue like Jazz. One would not guess that this is a book about Christianity, I think. Cuz, not very often I see jazz and Church in the same sentence. It is changing now and I know that some churches in Estonia play jazz in services, but still the idea is far from being common.

Donald states that there are non-religious thoughts about church and community. This made me pause to think as well. Why he says that? And then, Who are the writers who dare to declare that their books are thru and thru religious?

Anyways, his book made me think, laugh, sometimes frown upon and then bow to him, for being so honest about his life, thoughts. This is one of the few books, which really felt like listening to jazz, which has room for imagination, improvisation instead of parroting someone's words and melody.


I googled Donald this morning and found what he has been up to this summer.
He has already made it to Washington DC, but take a moment to think about what you have been doing this summer. Would you be willing to give up more than a month for someone else's benefit. I dunno if I would.

Riding a Bike Across America

On June 5th, I will be riding my bike from Los Angeles to Washington D.C. with a team to raise awareness about the need in Africa for fresh-water wells. There are a number of ways you can get involved. You can host the team as we pass through your town, or join us on one of three city-wide rides we will host in Dallas, Nashville and in Washington. You can also donate to sponsor me or any other rider by visiting www.ridewelltour.org. All of the proceeds will benefit my friends at Blood:Water Mission, a not-for profit begun by the band Jars of Clay that has already drilled many wells and has the ambition of drilling one-thousand in total.

Kommentaare ei ole: